When it comes to the online casinos I play at, I take no chances. It’s of my prime importance to protect my money by knowing that I am playing at a safe site. Because I’m so cautious, I’ve been alert enough to look for tell-tale signs that help me identify safe casinos to play at. So, what are these signs to help you recognise online casino safety?
- Seal of approval: eCOGRA is the e-Commerce and Online Gaming Registration and Assurance organisation that serves as a watchdog for all forms of online gambling. They review sites and test them based on various measures of safety. You can look for the eCOGRA seal of approval on an online casino that you visit and click it to learn more about what aspects of the casino’s safety were verified by this body.
- Digital Encryption: Another online casino safety feature is P128-bit SSL data encryption technology that lets you safely transact money on the Internet. It is also the safety standard that is used by major banks and financing organisations online. You can find out if the online casino you are using has this method of security by visiting its security section. This will keep your money safe and let you spend and win, wisely.
- Random Number Generators: Random number generators are at the heart of any game you play at an online casino. With a properly functioning random number generator, you know that the game is not rigged and that the slot reels that come up are truly random. You can find out more about an online casino’s random number generator, or RNG, by looking for this information on their website. A site that takes its online casino safety seriously will get their RNG tested and verified by independent bodies and will display these certificates on their site.
- Dispute resolution: A good online casino will provide a way for customers to resolve any disputes with the help of these online gaming watchdogs. If they do not pay attention to online casino safety, you will instantly know it when you see how they belittle your complaints or do not offer you an effective way to report glitches on the site. It’s these little details that count.
- Several payment methods: A good online casino will offer you as many distinct payment methods as possible. These can include credit cards, debit cards, NETeller, UKash, direct wire transfer, prepaid cards and online wallets. If a huge card company like American Express has agreed to offer a payment gateway on the site, you will instantly know that the site is a safe one, simply because of the stringent entry criteria on this card.
You need to take online casino safety seriously so that you can relax and enjoy your game when you’re online. You can also go through reviews of online casinos to see which one is the best.